Creamy Green Avocado Cilantro Bean Dip
I’m going a little International fusion cuisine on you here. This pretty green dip is a cross between hummus, guacamole and pesto. It’s an idea that’s been floating around in my head for a while … but I just hadn’t quite perfected it to my liking yet.
Last weekend I decided it was time to get going on my green dip. St Patty’s Day is coming up and all the food I’m seeing in my news-stream is green … I feel a little GREEN with envy and thought I had better step it up this week and get some GREEN on my blog!
It’s not at all Irish, but hey, I’m a little twisted that way. Why not celebrate an Irish holiday with a Mediterranean/Mexican/Italian dip? Serve it with a good Irish Stout and we’re covered, right?
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 - 3 cloves garlic (unless you're a garlic freak like me, I'd recommend starting with 1 clove and adding more to taste as you go)
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves (stems removed)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup Pepitas (pumpkin seeds, the green kind)
- A few slices of jalapeno pepper (about 1/2 of a small pepper ~ use more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
- Put all the ingredients in a handi chopper or food processor and blend until smooth. Give it a sample and adjust the amount of garlic, jalapeno, and salt to your tastes, then re-blend and taste again.
- Serve with crackers, vegies, chips or toasted pita chips.
This recipe was shared at What’d You Do This Weekend?, Manic Monday, Tuesday’s Table, Tuesday Talent Show, Cast Party Wednesday, Show & Share Wednesday, Tasty Thursdays, Thursday’s Treasures, Katherine Martinelli’s St Patrick’s Day Bloghop, Foodie Friends Friday and All my Bloggy Friends.