Halloween Veggie Tray
including 23 delicious dip ideas
I was running about the Internet, searching for ideas for my Healthy Halloween cooking class, and I ran across some fun ideas for Halloween veggie trays. Carrots with an almond slice make nice “fingers” that can be used for dippers or sticking out of your dip bowl to look like a hand is emerging from it. Yes, I know the fingernails are on the wrong side of the finger for it to be a true hand, but you get the picture.
Fresh mushrooms turn into skulls and cherry or blueberry tomatoes make nice goblin “eyeballs”. (Stuffed olives would be good for that too!) I think cauliflower would make nice “brain bits”. The dip I used here is Muhummara, but you can use another dip if you prefer. I’ve included a list of some other dips below that would work well for a veggie tray.
- Dip of your choice (I used Muhummara - recipe here)
- Baby carrot sticks
- A bit of cream cheese
- Almond slices
- Cherry and/or blueberry tomatoes
- Other veggies as desired
- First make your dip and put it in a bowl.
- To make the mushroom skulls, cut round holes in the mushrooms for eyes, then a hole where the nose would have been and some slits into the stems to simulate teeth.
- Next, the carrot witch fingers: dip an almond slice into a bit of cream cheese and fasten it onto a baby carrot stick. Repeat until you have enough witch fingers for your tray. Place five of the fingers into the dip bowl about where they would appear if a hand were reaching out of your dip.
- The purple "eyeballs" are actually blueberry tomatoes, the red ones are cherry tomatoes. I added some purple and green bell pepper strips.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
22 more great dip recipe ideas for your veggie tray:
- Spanakopita Dip
- Creamy Green Avocado & Cilantro Bean Dip
- Dilly Bacon & Roasted Sweet Pepper Dip
- Balsamic Avocado Cheese Dip
- Crab Artichoke Dip with Asiago & Bacon
- Baba Ghanoush (a smoky middle eastern dip)
- Fire Roasted Mixed Herb Baba Ghanoush
- Black Bean Baba Ghanoush
- Creamy Lemon Artichoke Dip
- Bacon & Caramelized Onion Dip
- Skinny Garlic Buttermilk Ranch Dip
- Creamy Lowfat Cucumber Basil Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Chipotle Hummus
- Sriracha Hummus
- Basil Rosemary Sundried Tomato Hummus
- Zummus (Zucchini Lima Hummus)
- Cannellini Bean Hummus with Feta and Oregano
- Basil-iferous Hummus
- Sundried Tomato Ranch Dressing
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Lowfat Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- Summer Herb Greek Yogurt Mock Mayo