Creamy Honey Mango Citrus Smoothie
As usual, I was scrambling this morning to get some breakfast in my belly before rushing off to yoga class. I love the Saturday morning classes, but I always seem to be squeaking in the door just on time or slightly late.
This morning was one of those … I started making this smoothie at 8:15 … you’d think there would be plenty of time to get to yoga at 9, but then I decided I needed some tea to drink on the way too … and I had to change into my yoga clothes … and then do a quick photo shoot of the smoothie … and in my rush to get everything done, I dropped my camera. Now the piece that used to hold the battery in place is gone. Yes, I can still take pictures, but I wonder how long that’s going to work?
Well, the smoothie was delicious and yoga was, as always, amazing. I stumbled out of class in a total state of euphoria. Life always feels so wonderful after yoga.
- 1 mango, peeled & pitted, cut into chunks
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1 large whole kumquat (or 2 small ones)
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons honey (more or less to taste)
- 3/4 - 1 cup lowfat milk (I used 1%. Almond, coconut or soy milk would work too.)
- Put the mango and banana in the blender. Cut up the kumquat and remove the seeds, then put the whole fruit (including the peel) into the blender. Add yogurt, vanilla, honey and milk.
- Blend until smooth. Add more milk for a thinner smoothie. Pour into cups and enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Best of the Weekend, Sweet & Savoury Sunday, Munching Monday, Tuesday’s Table, Treasure Box Tuesday, Talking over the Fence Tuesday, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Real Food Friday, Gluten Free Friday and Hearth & Soul Bloghop.