Feta Walnut Spinach Salad
A simple, savory salad with a pleasing blend of tastes, textures and colors. I used my rosemary garlic marinated feta with crunchy walnuts, matchstick carrots and topped it with a creamy Dijon dressing.
This salad came about one day when I needed a quick salad and I grabbed what I had and tossed it together and it was wonderful! The carrots and walnuts add a nice crunch and contrast to the earthy spinach, with the salty, garlicky feta on top and then that creamy Dijon dressing just rounds it out. It’s a salad I can eat over … and over … and over again and never tire of it.
It’s super healthy too!
- 1/4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- A pinch of dried dill
- 2-3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Trader Joe's Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce
- Fresh organic spinach leaves
- Matchstick carrots
- Toasted walnuts
- Rosemary Garlic Marinated feta cheese (recipe here)
- In a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Add milk as needed to thin to the desired consistency. Set aside.
- Fill your salad plate/bowl with spinach, top generously with matchstick carrots, then sprinkle with toasted walnuts and feta cheese.
You can also make this as a salad in a jar: put the feta and dressing in the bottom of the jar, top with carrots, then pack the jar with spinach leaves and put the walnuts on top. Cover and store in the fridge until it's time to eat. At serving time, dump the contents of the jar onto a large salad plate or bowl.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.