Garden Fresh Fritatta w Bacon & a TFal Review
This frittata is just a great thing to make when you have a box full of garden veggies and a shiny new nonstick pan. I can never get enough of the taste of veggies, cheese and eggs.
It’s getting close … my big cookware giveaway! I’m so excited and can’t wait to see which one of you will win. My giveaway starts on September 9 … that’s just four days away! Eeek!
I have had these pans for a couple weeks now and I have to tell you how much I love them. Not only are they nonstick, they are scratch resistant. Yeah, so when my son decides to stir his scrambled eggs with a fork, it doesn’t even phase them. These pans just sail right on. The other thing my daughter pointed out as she was cooking her soup last night is you can use the little holes in the handles as a spoon rest. How cool is that? Here’s a pic of the set I will be giving away:
Isn’t it pretty? The saucepans have a handy measuring thing on the side … very handy, and the frying pans have a cute little red dot in the middle to tell you when it’s hot. So when the pan is hot, the words disappear and the dot turns all red. This is important information to know when you are cooking a frittata, for example. You want the pan to be nice and hot before you add the eggs, then reduce the heat so it cooks them all the way through.
I’ll show you more about the pans more in the next week as my giveaway gets closer, but I also want to mention: you don’t have to wait for my giveaway to enter. There are 50 bloggers participating in this giveaway, and several of them are going on RIGHT NOW. I included the list at the end of my post so you can find somewhere to enter because yes, you CAN enter more than one contest and increase your chances of winning!
So anyway, on to the recipe … and how about that beautiful pan?
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 potato, cooked, peeled & chopped
- 1/4 cup zucchini, sliced and chopped
- 1/4 cup crookneck or yellow summer squash, sliced & chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, peeled & chopped
- 3 - 4 eggs
- Red Robin seasoning & fresh ground pepper
- a sprig of fresh tarragon, chopped fine (or other fresh herb)
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeno, chopped fine
- About 1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar & mozzarella)
- 1 - 2 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, cored & chopped
- fresh snipped chives
- Heat the pan over medium heat till it's hot (if you're using a Tfal pan, you'll know when the dot turns red), then add the olive oil, potato, zucchini, squash, and onion and sautee, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and translucent and the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile whisk together the eggs in a bowl until frothy, then stir in the seasonings, tarragon and jalapeno.
- Remove the veggies from the pan and pour the eggs on bottom. Sprinkle on the sauteed veggies, cheese, bacon and then the tomato on top. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for about 10 minutes or so or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are done in the middle.
- Sprinkle with fresh snipped chives and serve with a spatula, to cut it into wedges.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
The Cooking Planit and T-fal 2013 Giveaway Schedule
Contest is open to US citizens only. Limit one-winner per household/per family from the 50 blogs participating in the promotion. If an individual is the winner of more than one giveaway, they will receive only one set of cookware and an alternate winner will be chosen for the other set(s).
I was given a set of TFal cookware and the Cooking Planit app as part of the Cooking Planit Giveaway and promotion. As always, all opinions are my own.