Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Adapted from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen
Whenever one of my favorite foodie friends posts a gluten free recipe, my ears perk up. Not because I am gluten free, but because I have some good friends who eat gluten free. Kelly brings me gluten free ingredients to assist in my cooking experiments. And Mitch is my techie wordpress friend helps me with my blog. So yeah, I watch out for them. And when I see a recipe that I think they will like, I am SO there … cuz, I love my GF friends and want them to eat well.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread happens to be one of my specialties (because, yes, I am a chocoholic) … and when I saw this recipe from one of my favorite foodies Ann at The Fountain Avenue Kitchen, well, I just HAD to try it. The only problem was: not enough almond flour. Yes, I could have ground up some almonds to make my own, but I had plans for my almonds too … so I decided to make a few GF flour substitutions. And of course I added chocolate. Because, well, chocolate.
This recipe turned out to be just as moist and perfectly wonderful as my Decadent Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread … that’s saying something, because that chocolate zucchini bread is one of my very all-time favorite recipes. My friend Kelly said it would be even better with raspberry sauce … okay, Kelly, I’m gonna make you some raspberry sauce to go with your chocolate (once the raspberries start producing in the fall, if I am lucky enough to get some!), but in the meantime, this gluten free chocolate zucchini bread seriously ROCKS, all on its own. Thanks Ann for the amazing recipe!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup zucchini, shredded
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 - 3 squares Ghirardelli white chocolate, cut into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray two 3 x 5 inch loaf pans (or one 5 x 9 inch loaf pan) with cooking spray.
- In a medium or large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey and vanilla until well mixed. Add the melted butter or oil in a thin stream while whisking until it's all incorporated into the mixture.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the egg mixture, then stir until the batter is well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips and the white chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan(s) and put them in the oven to bake for 28 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Add 5 - 10 minutes cooking time for a larger loaf.)
- Let cool a bit, then cut and enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.