Maple Dijon Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches
with almonds & sriracha … on toast with avocado slices
I had a bit of leftover chicken in my fridge and wanted to do something a little different with it. I’ve been rather smitten with the Maple Dijon combination ever since I made that Spicy Maple Dijon dipping sauce for my meatball kebabs, so I decided to try it out in a chicken salad. I added some dried cranberries and toasted almonds, and there is some Greek yogurt in there, too, for an extra healthy twist.
It turned out to be just the right combination of sweet, creamy and tart, soft, chewy and crunchy … a lively mix of flavors and textures that dances in your mouth.
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard (I used Maille)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Toasted bread or bun
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh greens
- In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients until well blended. Stir in the chicken, onions, cranberries and almonds.
- Toast your bread or bun, spread a good thick layer of the chicken salad on it, then add avocado and greens.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.