Mrs. Fields Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just a slight twist on Mrs. Fields’ famous chocolate chip cookie, this is hands down the best soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe you will find anywhere. It’s not a copycat … I got it from the Mrs. Fields Cookie Cookbook.
With all the recipes and inspiration I find on the Internet, I don’t use cookbooks all that much anymore, but there are a few that I treasure and refer to over and over again … and this is one of them. This chocolate chip cookie page in particular is smudged with cookie dough ingredients and the book opens right to this page when you pull it off the shelf. If you can get your hands on this book, I highly recommend it. When I first stumbled across it, I couldn’t believe it was really true. Could I really have Mrs. Fields secrets to her amazing cookies?!? It was like a dream come true for me.
I try not to eat cookies that often, but when I do, I love my cookies soft and chewy … and who does soft, chewy AMAZING cookies better than Mrs. Fields?
They’re not even remotely healthy, but sometimes you just deserve a good cookie. You can refrigerate (or freeze) the batter and then bake up only a few at a time, so they’re always fresh and hot, which is the best way to eat a chocolate chip cookie. We do this frequently at my house. Sometimes when I am cleaning out the fridge I’ll find some forgotten cookie dough and I bake it up. It lasts quite a while in the fridge … like weeks. And by the way, if you’re going to indulge, go all the way … get the really good quality chocolate chips. It’s way more satisfying and SO worth it. Just think of all the money you’re saving on those “mall” or “coffee shop” cookies.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 2 cups high quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the brown sugar and butter until well blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir to mix well.
- Add the flours, baking soda, salt and stir until all the ingredients are fully incorporated into the batter. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, allowing 2 inches of space between cookies because they will spread considerably.
- Bake for 18 - 22 minutes or until golden brown but not crunchy. Let them cool for a few minutes on the pan to allow the soft, chewy cookies to set a bit before transferring to a cool surface. (Mrs. Fields says to move them right away, but I found if you try to move them too soon while they are hot, they bunch up and lose their beautiful cookie form.)
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Marvelous Monday, What’d You Do this Weekend?, Tuesday’s Table, Try a New Recipe Tuesday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Cast Party Wednesday, All my Bloggy Friends, Efforts & Assets Link Party and Clever Chicks Bloghop.