Prosciutto Pear Bites w Herbs & Blue Cheese
Adapted from Real Simple
Continuing on with my pear craze, I had to try making an appetizer with my pretty pears, and I thought tangy blue cheese, salty prosciutto, and bitter arugula would be a wonderful contrast with the sweet, juicy pears.
I ate these little bites “raw”, but I think if you roasted them a bit, they would be even more marvelous. They are certainly easy to make and would make an elegant party appetizer.
- 1 - 2 oz. light cream cheese
- 1 - 2 oz. Greek yogurt
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- A bit of finely chopped fresh rosemary and chives
- Arugula leaves
- 1 - 2 ripe pears, cut into wedges, core removed, tossed with a bit of lemon juice to keep from browning
- Strips of thinly cut prosciutto
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, yogurt, blue cheese, rosemary and chives (use the smaller amount for 1 pear, the larger for 2).
- Take each pear wedge and snuggle a spoonful of cheese in the center, stick a couple of arugula leaves on, then wrap with prosciutto.
- Enjoy as a snack or appetizer.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.