Roasted Garlic Feta Asparagus
I’m sooo excited that it is finally asparagus season! My mom and dad came down for my daughter’s choir concert and brought me a bag of asparagus. I am in heaven. I so look forward to this season every year because I absolutely love asparagus, but I have not found a way to preserve it that doesn’t totally bastardize the essence of asparagus, so it is ONLY in the spring that I eat asparagus. I revel in it in the spring. And right now it is spring and there is asparagus … life is SO good!
I still have a bunch of marinated feta left from the Wine & Design event … this is also a good thing. I’m enjoying marinated feta on salads almost daily, and having loads of fun experimenting with different ways of incorporating the cheese, the flavor-infused oil and the marinated garlic into my cooking. This was one of the most exceedingly simple, but oh-so-tasty results I’ve tried. The salty herb-infused cheese is so creamy and inviting on top of the crisp-tender beautiful spring-green roasted asparagus.
Before you make this dish, you’ll want to marinate your feta cheese. This time, I used Italian seasoning, fresh rosemary sprigs and garlic along with a quality olive oil for my marinade. Give it at least 2 hours or up to several days (or weeks) to soak up the flavors. Keep this addictive stuff in your fridge and bring it out about 30 minutes before you want to use it to allow the olive oil to soften up and start to liquefy again.
- About 4 cups fresh asparagus spears, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil from marinated feta
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic from the marinated feta
- Red Robin Seasoning & freshly ground pepper
- 6 - 8 cubes of marinated feta (recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the asparagus with the olive oil and garlic and about 3 cubes of feta. Sprinkle with Red Robin Seasoning & freshly ground pepper and toss again to mix.
- Pour the asparagus onto a small baking sheet and put in the oven to roast for about 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from oven and taste a large chunk from the middle. If it is perfect crisp-tender, test another couple pieces. If not, stir the asparagus and roast for another 5 minutes or so or until the asparagus is crisp-tender and bright green.
- Crumble some additional marinated feta over the asparagus at serving time. Enjoy while it's still warm!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
Support this blog by starting your shopping here: