Tomato Avocado Pepperjack Breakfast Sandwich
This is a “my daughter didn’t eat all her eggs and I’m starving” kinda recipe. Yes, I am one of those moms that eats what their kids don’t. But I add a little twist it to make it taste better for ME.
In this case, I simply took half an english muffin, toasted it, set the “leftover” scrambled eggs on top, added some fresh chopped garden tomato and slices of pepperjack cheese, baked till the cheese was good and bubbly and melty and topped with sliced avocado.
Tada! Beautiful and most delicious breakfast sandwich! This combination of flavors is amazing. You gotta try it.
- 1/2 an English Muffin, toasted (whole grain is good!)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Red Robin Seasoning (or your favorite seasoned salt) and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small garden fresh tomato, chopped (a Roma tomato will do in a pinch if you don't have a garden fresh one)
- A few slices of pepperjack cheese
- A few slices of ripe, fresh avocado
- Toast the english muffin half. Preheat the oven to 400 F (or use a toaster oven).
- While it's toasting, in a bowl, whisk the egg with a tablespoon of water and heat a frying pan over medium heat. If needed, spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the egg into the frying pan and wait until the egg starts to get set on the bottom, then push the egg about to "scramble" it, making sure all pieces of the egg get a chance to cook.
- Remove the egg when it is mostly cooked, but still a little moist. It will continue to cook after you remove it from the pan, and it will be a bit moister if you take it off the heat when the egg is still a little wet and not QUITE done.
- Set the toasted english muffin half on a baking sheet and top with the egg, add some fresh tomato and then top with slices of pepperjack cheese. It's a bit of a balancing act but try to get the eggs and tomato flat enough so the cheese stays on top.
- Bake at 400 for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Add the avocado slices and enjoy!