Curried Carrot Cheddar Tea Sandwiches
Adapted just slightly from my dear friend Melissa at ChinDeep
Cheddar, carrot, and curry? together? in a sandwich? I had really never thought of putting carrot in a sandwich until I saw Melissa’s bright orange carrot cheddar curry tea sandwiches. I was immediately intrigued … (aka obsessed)
Yeah, I had to go there. The carrots took a little work because I had little carrots and I wanted a really fine shred, but I really didn’t care. I was determined to try this one! And I’m so glad I did. These little sandwiches fueled my crazy week this week. In the midst of the activity going on about me, I could close my eyes, take a step back from all the crazy things that were happening and just take a moment to savor.
Once you’ve got the spread made, the sandwiches are a breeze to make. All you gotta do is spread it on bread. Easy. Schmeasy.
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup finely shredded Cabot extra sharp light cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (if you like cilantro)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Spread on thinly sliced bread and enjoy.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.