Garlic Herb Sundried Tomato Cheese Spread
Last weekend I did the food for my good friends’ new yoga studio’s open house. I do not normally do catering, but this job I volunteered for because I love my sweet yoga friends SO much and I know this opening meant a lot to them. Besides that I was excited to see the new space! Now that I’ve seen it, I can’t wait to do yoga there.
Here’s a picture of me and my dear friend Roscha at the open house:
I was very happy when several of my yoga friends raved about the food and even bugged me about it afterwards … they asked where can I find the recipe for all of this? They were encouraging me to do a cookbook … (yes, yes, I will! But I just don’t have time right now) … I think my favorite part was watching my good friend Gretchen’s little boy devour the Chocolate Pistachio Truffle Berries. He just kept going back for one more … and then another … and another. It reminded me of how his mom counts at yoga … just one more … and then she does another and another … she is the SLOWEST counter in the world! LOL! … finally his mom cut him off and said it’s time to go. He wanted to take some with him, but she wouldn’t let him have any more. What an adorable face!
Everyone asked about this particular spread/dip … even tonight when I went to yoga, there was a yoga friend there saying she was looking for this recipe and it was one of the few I hadn’t blogged yet. So I feel like I need to post it ASAP. And they wanted ALL the recipes from the event. So here’s what was on the menu:
- Spinach Balls (yet to be blogged … I didn’t even take photos! sorry!)
- White Chocolate Peanut Grapes
- Marinated cheese
- Chocolate Pistachio Truffle Berries
- Lemon Bars (good ol’ Betty Crocker recipe … using fresh lemon juice & peel)
- Curried Cheddar Carrot Tea Sandwiches
And this lovely dip! It was a favorite … nobody could quite figure out what was in it, but everyone really loved it.
I’m so blessed to have this wonderful community of yoga friends here. So many beautiful souls, sharing and creating a joyous, peaceful city.
Namaste, my friends.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 green onion, cut into pieces
- 1 - 3 Tablespoons fresh herbs (I used cilantro, rosemary & dill)
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons sundried tomatoes
- 8 oz. Greek cream cheese (or Neufchatel), softened
- 3 Tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- Put all ingredients in a mini food processor or handi chopper and blend until smooth.
- Chill and serve with celery sticks or crackers.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2016, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.