Ham & Broccoli Breakfast Scramble Supreme
Ham, broccoli, a bit of onion, tomato and eggs all scrambled up in a quick gluten free, high protein breakfast skillet that is healthy, yet surprisingly satisfying. The bursts of juiciness from the tomatoes along with the heartiness of the eggs and ham and the fresh crisp-tender of the broccoli make this a healthy breakfast that is worthy of serving to company.
I took my Broccoli Scrambled Eggs, a quick breakfast that became a staple while I was trying to lose weight, and first I added thin-sliced lean ham. Mmm that was good. Then I had some fancy tomatoes that I found at Aldi and decided to add those … and the third time I made this, I added in a little onion too. It just kept getting better and better … and besides adding flavor, the extra things I added also kicked in more healthy goodness.
The one thing I would caution you to watch is the sodium if you have high blood pressure or other health issues that require you to monitor your sodium intake. Ham can be quite high in sodium.
The cheese in this scramble is entirely optional … I add it sometimes, and other times I leave it out.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 oz. frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped into small chunks
- 3 oz. fresh sweet cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 very thin slices of lean ham, chopped (I used black forest thin sliced ham from Aldi)
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz. shredded Italian cheeses
- Red Robin Seasoning (or your favorite seasoned salt) & freshly ground pepper
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and smear the bottom of the pan with butter. I like to take a stick of butter and just lightly rub it all over the bottom of the pan, so you use about 1 teaspoon total butter.
- Add the onion and saute for a few minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the broccoli, tomatoes, and ham. Crack the eggs over top. Sprinkle with cheese and then the seasoned salt and the pepper.
- Use a spatula to break the eggs and mix together the ingredients. Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2017, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.