Avocado Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
This is a bright, zippy salad dressing that is awesome on anything Mexican. I made this salad dressing to go on my Mexican Carnitas Cobb Salad, but you could also use it as a sauce on chicken or to top an enchilada, taco or maybe as a dip with a quesadilla? So many possibilities …
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 of a bunch of cilantro leaves (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 - 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1/4 - 1 jalapeno (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lowfat milk
- In a food processor or handi chopper, blend together the garlic, lime juice, cilantro, avocado and jalapeno until the cilantro and garlic are finely chopped and the mixture is smooth. Add the sugar, cumin and salt and blend a bit more.
- Add the mixture to a small mixing bowl and stir in the olive oil, yogurt and the milk till smooth. Add more milk if needed to get the desired consistency.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.